Friday, January 13, 2012

Laundry Room Finds

Laundry day. The worst day of my life, every time I have to do it. You know what helps? Finding a stack of comics in mint condition when you go to throw in your dirty whites. That's what happened to me last month.

I live in an apartment building with a number of tenants. In the laundry room, there is an area where people leave books for other tenants to take when they don't want them anymore. I think it's great. Why waste a good book?

Here's what I found:

  • Avengers Disassembled
  • The Incredible Hulk: Planet Hulk
  • Spiderman: Back in Black (hardcover)
  • Spiderman, Peter Parker: Back in Black (hardcover)
  • Ultimate Galactus Trilogy
The biggest advantage of finding these specific titles is that they're all Marvel, and I don't buy a lot of Marvel these days. Not for any specific reason. Some of my favorite characters and stories come from Marvel. There is just so much DC history that I've been reading, I haven't really been focusing on Marvel. I am NOT one of these "Marvel sucks" guys. The last thing I'd ever do is pledge allegiance to one comic book publisher.

Now I have a nice tall stack of Marvel comics to occupy my time with. I'm pretty excited to read the Spiderman trades. I was subscribing to The Amazing Spiderman and The Sensational Spiderman during the Marvel Civil War, which I thought was well done at least on the Spiderman side of things. The Back in Black series takes place right after that so I can't wait to catch up.

Pretty great, huh? Well, this wasn't the only time I found comic related items in the laundry room...

No comments:

Post a Comment