Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Top 5 Comic Book Movies

I love reading comics just as much as the next guy, whoever that asshole is. Sometimes, it's fun to watch comics. Here are my favorite comic book movies:

The Dark Knight (2008) - I consider this movie to be my favorite movie of all time. In terms of comics, I have always been a huge Batman fan. I think the reasons why I like the movie so much are why most people liked it: great action, amazing story, cool graphics, etc. The number 1 reason, however, is Heath Ledger as the Joker. He couldn't have captured the Joker's insanity better. When he's talking to Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart) and says, "Introduce a little anarchy" and hands Harvey the gun, I still get chills.

Green Lantern (2011) - In my opinion, this movie is just about as under-rated as a comic book movie can get. I'm a Green Lantern fanboy, I realize that. Disregarding that, I think that this movie was visually spectacular and told the story of Green Lantern very well. Peter Sarsgaard creeped me out big time, but that's what Hector Hammond is supposed to do. My favorite part of the movie was the sword fight between Hal Jordan (Ryan Reynolds) and Sinestro (Mark Strong). My only hope is that the negative reviews for Green Lantern won't ruin the chances of a sequel.
Iron Man (2008) - I think the effects in the Iron Man movies are probably my favorite special effects in anything. I love when Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) is testing out the suit and the robots put the suit on him. Oh and the villain in this movie? Three words: Fat. Iron. Man. I of course am referring to Jeff Bridges as Iron Monger. I loved that guy.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - When I was a kid, I loved the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles more than anything on earth. I'm not exaggerating. I had all of the clothes, toys, video games, action figures, coloring books, and anything else that was Turtles related. The movie perfectly encapsulated the entire essence of the Turtles. It doesn't take itself too seriously, while not being overly hokey. What more can you ask for? Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, and Raphael eating pork rinds and whippin' some Shredder ass. Actually, Shredder gets brutally murdered by Casey Jones. COWABUNGA!
Batman (1989) - Let's face it, before the Christopher Nolan series, this was THE Batman movie. Michael Keaton was my favorite Bruce Wayne before Christian Bale. And, out of all of the Batman movies, I think Michael Keaton has the best voice for Batman. I don't even think we need to discuss how good Jack Nicholson was as the Joker. Is there anything funnier than when the Joker walks in wearing the beret and starts painting on all of the art with his goons?

There are some movies I haven't seen in a long time, and some I haven't seen at all. So this list is subject to change. I encourage you to comment with your top 5 comic book movies and maybe even some suggestions for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment