Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Aquilonia Comics, Cards & More

Throw me in a comic shop, and I'm set for hours. Throw me in a great comic shop? I'm set forever. When I used to live in Albany, NY, my comic needs were met by one of the greatest comic shops in the world, Aquilonia Comics, Cards & More.

Located in Troy, NY, this little shop has everything you can ask for. A great selection of current and back issues, tons of trades, action figures, cards, and collectibles. Want something that you don't see on the shelves? No problem. They'll order it for you. My favorite thing about Aquilonia, however, is the customer service. Owner Bob Lupe is one of the nicest guys around and makes sure that if you have a subscription, you get every book and tie-in for each title. And, he literally gives you service with a smile, every time.

One of my good friends that I met at Aquilonia, Marc, also works at the comic shop and was my go-to guy whenever I needed suggestions on what to read next. I could always go in and talk to him about our mutual love for Nightwing and Batman stories. He also made sure that I got every single toy Lantern Corps ring.

Living in the NYC, I have a fantastic selection of comic shops. However, Aquilonia will always be "my comic shop". I visited Albany this past weekend and made it a point to stop in to pick up a few trades.

If you're ever in the area, I highly recommend you visit Aquilonia. They're located at 412 Fulton Street, Troy, NY 12180. You can also check them out on Twitter and Facebook.

(Aquilonia Variant Edition of The Amazing Spiderman #666!)

No comments:

Post a Comment