Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Guy Gardner... Come On Down!

As I stated in my very first post, I don't claim to know everything about comics. I have blind spots. A prime example of one of my blind spots becomes apparent when I read The Death of Superman. In that story, Guy Gardner is in regular clothes, running around with a yellow power ring. I had no idea why. I know him as either Green Lantern, or Warrior.

My love of Green Lantern started just a few years ago during the Blackest Night crossover. My Green Lantern reading has been very Hal Jordan-centric. I'm finally in a financial position to really catch up on a lot of history. As I'm sure most of you know, there is a lot of comic book history, specifically DC history. So you can imagine how I've neglected Guy Gardner's past.

In 1992, DC Comics published Guy Gardner Reborn, a 3-issue story about Guy Gardner being forced to quit the Green Lantern Corps and getting his hands on a yellow power ring. When I heard about this, I immediately found the 3 issues and bought them.

I couldn't have enjoyed Guy Gardner Reborn more. I was a fan of Guy Gardner prior to reading that story. Now? I'm a Guy Gardner super-fan. I want more! Well, I'm in luck. After the events of Guy Gardner Reborn, a Guy Gardner series was published by DC Comics from 1992-1996.

Why am I telling you all of this? It's quite simple. I'm starting a new project: collecting every single issue of Guy Gardner. This includes:

Guy Gardner #0-16
Guy Gardner: Warrior #17-44
Guy Gardner: Warrior Annual #1 & #2
Guy Gardner: Collateral Damage

I will be tracking my progress on twitter. I'll post pictures and update everyone as I collect Guy Gardner comics. If you happen to come across any issues, please comment or contact me on twitter and let me know where you find them, I'd appreciate the help!

Would it be easier for me to just buy all of the issues on ebay in one shot? Of course! But where's the fun in that?

No comments:

Post a Comment