Thursday, April 26, 2012

I Can Judge A Comic by Its Cover


My favorite comic book cover of all time is Venom: Lethal Protector #1, illustrated by Mark Bagley, and published by Marvel Comics in 1993. I'll admit that looking at this makes me feel a bit of nostalgia. This comic book cover sticks in my mind more than any other comic from my childhood.

Something interesting about this cover is that there are a few different versions of it floating around. These different covers either have a black (which was actually a printing error -- very rare), red foil, or gold foil background.

My favorite aspect of this cover is that it's so simple, yet speaks volumes. It's essentially a drawing of Venom. However, the illustration has so much depth that you can understand who the character is just by looking at the cover.

Another nice touch is the look of shame/disgust on Spiderman's face in the bottom left corner.

All in all, this is the most memorable and impressive comic book cover that I've ever seen. I encourage you all to comment with your favorite comic book covers!

No comments:

Post a Comment