Monday, June 11, 2012

GIANT-SIZE Issue #100

In fullest day,
In famished night,
No burger shall escape my sight!
Let those who worship health food's blight,
Beware my hunger...
Fat Lantern's bite!

It's the 100th post of The Fat Lantern! This is a huge milestone for me and the site. As I stated in my very first post, Issue #1, I started this blog to write about and discuss comics. Along the way, I've done just that and even thrown in some fun, non-comic related goodness. Let's take a look at some of the highlights from the past 100 posts.

Most Popular Post:
We might as well start off with a bang! The hands-down, most popular post on the entire site is A Tribute to Professional Wrestlers in Comic Book Movies. There are a number of people that still check out this post every day, even though it was posted back in February. I have to admit, I did get some help to make this happen. I sent a link to WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross on Twitter and he retweeted it! Ever since then, tons of people have been visiting the site for this post. Two of my favorite things on earth are comics and professional wrestling, so I have no problem with this post being #1.


BREAKING NEWS

Are you familiar with the idea of fan fiction? I am in the process of writing a short story that I refer to as fat fiction. I don't want to give away too much, but I will tell you that the title of the story is "The Dark Knight Widens". It takes place after "The Dark Knight" but before "The Dark Knight Rises". You'll only be able to get it here, folks, so stay tuned!

Not-So-Popular Posts:
No matter how hard you try, some posts don't become an immediate smash hit. This is especially the case for some of the earlier posts that a lot of my current readers were not around for yet. Here is a list of posts that I think deserve another shot:


What happened to the Joker's green hair when he jumped into the Red Sea?


(From The Joker's Joke Book, DC Comics Inc., 1987)

Comment with what you think is the answer! I'll post the correct answer tomorrow morning in the comments section.

Fat Lantern's Picks:
As I hope is apparent, I love writing not only for myself, but to be entertaining as well. I put time and effort into everything that I write, but there are some posts that I have been particularly proud of. Here are my personal favorites that I hope everyone checks out:

And now, let's have a round of applause for the most rotund Lantern in the history of the universe, Mogo:

Thank you for checking out this retrospective look at The Fat Lantern. I encourage you all to comment with your favorite moments from the past 100 posts. You can follow me on Twitter here, and Google + here. There is a lot more to come so keep reading, tell your friends, and I'll talk to you later!

5 comments:

  1. Answer to the joke: it dyed

    Congrats on 100 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at this chump stealing my thunder. Go back to your own blog!

    Oh, You're totally already writing terrible fan fiction.

    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2670771/The_Fat_Lantern

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    And first of all, I'm not writing fan fiction, I'm writing fat fiction. There's a HUGE difference. Second, that is NOT me on that fan fiction site. Third, it's actually a short story that I'm writing and it's going to blow everyone away, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should totally steal the avatar though.

    ReplyDelete