Thursday, July 26, 2012

I Was an Anime Nerd in High School

As we've previously seen, the high school version of me was quite the sketcher. Once again, I'd like to go back in time to my high school days and show you some more of my art.

I was a huge fan of anime in high school. It wasn't easy either. Every weekend, I would spend the money I made from work on anime DVDs (don't tell my dad). Back then, the average cost for an anime DVD was 30 dollars. That's how dedicated I was.

Enough showing off. Let's see some illustrations!

Rurouni Kenshin from Samurai X

Kazuma Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho

Yusuke Urameshi from Yu Yu Hakusho
Although anime is in my rear view mirror, I still appreciate it. I'm sure that I'll return to it someday. As a matter of fact, I might have to go dust off my Yu Yu Hakusho DVDs right now...

6 comments:

  1. I was an Otaku back in High School too!! Though, I spent my money more on the $10 each manga. >< so many of them. But, thanks, this was a nostalgia trip for me too. :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I'm glad you enjoyed it! Yeah, it was quite an expensive habit but it was so good. I remember for a short period of time a small anime store opened up in the mall where I lived. T shirts, posters, video tapes and DVDs, Japanese candy. It was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought so many bootlegged series sets from Amazon.

    My friends and I would pick up new series blind, and we'd sit around and watch them.

    I sort of miss that. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Back then I even picked up VHS tapes because they were cheaper. I liked going into it blindly. But sometimes, it got a little weird...

      Delete
  4. Yu yu hocka was a really good show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will also admit that I too, was at one point an otaku. And not a classy one either. I watched the lowest of the low...

    ReplyDelete