Wednesday, August 8, 2012

This Can't be a Coincidence REVISITED

Last weekend, I was reading one of the greatest comic book stories of all time, Green Lantern: A New Dawn, written by Ron Marz and illustrated by Darryl Banks and Romeo Tanghal. I've read this story before, but for some reason, this time I spotted something that looked awfully familiar as you can see in yesterday's post, This Can't be a Coincidence.

It begs the question: Was that shot of Kyle Rayner inspired by The Ultimate Warrior pinning "Macho Man" Randy Savage at Wrestlemania VII? Well I have the answer...

Yes! Darryl Banks modeled that shot off of The Ultimate Warrior.

Don't believe me? Maybe you'll believe Ron Marz and Darryl Banks:





I don't like the term "fanboy". However, if I were to categorize myself a "fanboy" of anything, professional wrestling and Green Lantern would be number 1 and number 2 on the list. So you can imagine how I feel, spotting a wrestling reference in a comic book and getting a response and answer on Twitter from two of my favorite comic book creators! And you better believe I'm searching for more of those wrestling Easter eggs...

1 comment:

  1. That is pretty freaking awesome. I'll have to pay more attention when reading older GL comics.

    ReplyDelete