Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I Can't Help It, I Love It!

I don't like to take sides when it comes to comics (as previously discussed). These days, I'm pretty heavy into DC Comics. I also read some Dark HorseIDW, and whatever old trades I can get my hands on. Current Marvel isn't really on my radar at the moment, but I am a fan.

Iron Man by Adi Granov
Although I don't read any current titles published by Marvel, I can't help but love Iron Man. I haven't really read much and I wouldn't even know where to begin with the character, but I get pumped up every time I read an old Marvel trade featuring Iron Man, check out the latest Iron Man action figures, see the cover of an Iron Man comic, or watch Iron Man or The Avengers. I think he's one of the coolest superheroes ever. His attitude is so dickish and he can back up his arrogance with his armor, which has one of the coolest designs of any suit in comic book history. Not to mention the fact that it's red and yellow: my favorite colors! Hey, I was a huge Hulkamaniac growing up. What do you expect?
Iron Man in The Avengers

This leads me to today's topic: What superhero can you not help but love?

I want to hear from all of you readers about the superhero that no matter how hard you try to ignore, you just can't. Let's discuss!

2 comments:

  1. I tend to be a strictly Image and Marvel girl, but I can never avoid Batman or Superman.
    In the last year or so, I've ended up reading so much more Batman than I thought I would do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way. I'll tell myself "Ok, you're going to focus on all of the Green Lantern history" and as I read more, I get interested in other characters and get side tracked. I hate it but I kind of love it.

    ReplyDelete