Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Aquaman #14: Thoughts?

Anyone who has been reading DC Comics Justice League has seen previews for the Aquaman crossover "Throne of Atlantis". I want to start off by saying that I am not an Aquaman reader by any means. When it comes to Aquaman, I feel like a real FISH OUT OF WATER. But I have to say, I was intrigued.

I've heard great things about the current New 52 Aquaman series, written by Geoff Johns. Between that and my curiosity about the character, I was UP TO MY GILLS with excitement for the Aquaman/Justice League crossover. They really LURED me in. Finally, I couldn't take it. I was ready to read some Aquaman.

Wednesday, November 28th arrived and so did Aquaman #14! Prelude to "Throne of Atlantis"! I've been trying to SCALE back my reading to save some money, but I had to check this issue out. Skip forward to after I read it, and what a disappointment. I haven't followed Aquaman to this point, so for those of you who have, is there something that I missed? Maybe I was IN TOO DEEP, or maybe the comic is just boring. I'm not trying to ROCK THE BOAT. There's a certain sense of "I don't know what the hell I'm talking about", having never read Aquaman before this issue. But big, multi-title stories like this are partially geared toward people like me to try to introduce us to the character and REEL us in.

Aquaman, so far I'm not HOOKED.

If you have an opinion on Aquaman #14, please comment! Also, if you have a good aqua-pun, you can CAST them my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment