Monday, January 7, 2013

Goodbye, Amazing Spider-Man

I can not describe the shock that I felt after reading The Amazing Spider-Man #700. I have been reading comic books my entire life and I have never seen Spider-Man like this. It is one of the most unfortunate tragedies in comics that I have ever witnessed. I feel like my whole world has been turned upside down. Sure, I haven't been the most dedicated Amazing Spider-Man fan over the years, but would that have changed anything? Would I have been able to help prevent the deterioration of our beloved, friendly neighborhood Spider-Man?

We all need to come to terms with the harsh reality that Spider-Man as we know him is no more...

The Amazing Spider-Man #700 (2012)

The new Spider-Man is so fat that when he swings around the house he really swings around the house.

5 comments:

  1. They must have felt they needed to spice things up. How long before Peter Parker comes back? A year or sooner/later?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. I'd say at least a year before the original Peter Parker non-Doc Oc Spider-Man returns, if he returns at all. It seems like they're really pushing this new Superior Spider-Man though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only person who stays dead in comics is Uncle Ben.

    It's great that you didn't show any spoilers, but those of you that want to see them, click here:

    http://www.comicbookfilm.com/amazing-spiderman-700.html

    And, Dominick, it was great reading your thoughts! So, what do you think of the direction?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah thanks for not putting spoilers in that post.
    I'm not up to date on my Amazing Spidey and believe me it's been really hard keeping away from what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys. If I discuss spoilers I usually warn you, unless it's a really old comic.

    Honestly, I'm not sure of the direction just yet. I've been on and off of Spider-Man for years. I'm definitely on now, though. I'm really looking forward to Superior Spider-Man #1. I think we'll have a better idea of where things are going after reading that.

    ReplyDelete