Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Name That Disappointment!

Hello and welcome to the first edition of Name That Disappointment! I'm your host, Dominick "The Fat Lantern". Oh boy do we have some fun in store for you today!

The way this game works is I'm going to give you clues and you're going to guess the comic book story for which I had high hopes but was completely disappointed by. The clues will be reasons why I didn't like the comic. Please comment with what you think the answer is. I'll post the answer in the comments section by the end of the week.

Clues:
  1. It felt like it took place on another planet (not just another universe).
  2. You couldn't tell whether to read up, down, left, or right.
  3. All of the characters looked like big, disproportionate slobs.
  4. It was so slow-moving that at certain points, I completely forgot that I was sitting there reading it.
  5. There was so much writing on each page that it felt like I was reading an actual book.
  6. There were more panels showing the news than of anything else.
  7. The cover for the trade paperback looks lazy and boring.
Remember, this is a comic book story that was well received, but I was absolutely disappointed by.

Now, I turn it over to you, the readers. NAME. THAT. DISAPPOINTMENT.

8 comments:

  1. If it's Watchmen, you're out of your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking either AvX or Secret Invasion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The Dark Knight Strikes Again."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like Watchmen to me

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one if from @AdamWiebner on Twitter. His guess is Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tried to reply without reading other answers, since I'm getting to it late, but I'm chiming in with The Dark Knight Returns.

    And adding in that you should watch the animated version (in two parts) since it does it amazingly well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ANSWER: The Dark Knight Returns.

    So close, Jason! Great job, Adam and Keith! You dudes get bragging rights.

    I fully understand how popular and important this story is. But when I read it, it just did not do it for me one bit. I tried.

    ReplyDelete