Thursday, February 14, 2013

Where Are The Damn Ninja Turtles Comics!?

Do you ever feel like your mind is playing tricks on you? Sometimes, I wonder...

Living in New York City, I am lucky enough to have access to some of the best comic shops in the world. I do most of my comic shopping at Midtown Comics located in Times Square. I also like to shop at the Midtown Comics located in downtown Manhattan, and sometimes I like to go to different comic shops all together (This is the main reason why I do not have a pull list -- I like to keep my options open).

As with most comic shops, Midtown Comics has the newer comic books stacked along a wall so that you can spot them fairly easily. I have absolutely fallen in love with the current Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) series published by IDW. Lately, when I've approached the new comics wall at Midtown Comics to grab the latest issue of TMNT, something...weird has been happening.

I can not, for the life of me, spot this comic book. I usually have to ask the fine Midtown Comics staff if they have it in stock, and they always do. Then, they go right to where it is on the rack and show me. It's always right in front of my face. This has happened for the past 5 issues!

You know what they say: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." I have a question. What happens when you get fooled FIVE TIMES?

Am I getting fooled, though? It's not the comic shop's fault. Maybe my brain is fooling me. I love these comics so much, but for some reason, the connection from my eyes to my brain is being interrupted when I'm looking right at them. It's literally all in my head.

What's wrong with me!?

1 comment: