Monday, April 22, 2013

The Fit Lantern

Before the race.
Yesterday, I ran in The Melissa Fund SUN RUN for melanoma awareness. It was a 5K race at Riverside Park in Manhattan, New York. This is the third 5K race that I have participated in.

I'm a proud slob who takes pride in eating all of the delicious goodness that this world has to offer. However, I also take pride in maintaining a certain level of physical fitness and health. I use 5K races as motivation to stay fit. Plus, it's a great way to donate to a good cause.

Eating a cookie after the race.
My time for this race was 34:42. It's better than my last race and better than I thought I was going to do. I've never been very athletic and I run for personal health, so I don't care how fast I can run a 5K. However, I do like pushing myself when I can. What I plan to do is run another 5K race later this year and use yesterday's race as motivation to do better. My goal will be to run the next 5K in under 30 minutes.

As of today, I am officially in training. I will not be able to do this without the guidance of my Shidoshi, The Master, Jean-Claude Van Damme. He has been my idol since I was a young man and I will continue to be inspired by him to fight, get stronger, and get faster.

By the way, after the race yesterday, I had an everything bagel with lox and vegetable cream cheese. Then, for dinner, I had some buffalo wings and a gyro platter with extra hot sauce. It was so good. You should have been there.

1 comment:

  1. sounds good... but nothing beats some deli-licious fresh mozz!




    ReplyDelete