Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I Turn 29 Today

Today is my 29th birthday and holy moly do I have an exciting day planned. I'm seeing Man of Steel in IMAX, eating 2 pounds of gummy candy, going on a comic book shopping spree, and searching Manhattan for retro video games.

You know, throughout your life, you're exposed to all sorts of stuff. Whether it's influenced by someone else, or something you discover on your own, you end up liking what interests you. As you get older, there's a lot of pressure to get rid of the "immature" habits and hobbies. Well I'm living proof that you don't have to. Today, I become a 29 year old man with a comic book obsession, an action figure budget, stacks of old video games that I love to play, and between you and me, I think I'm into Jean Claude Van Damme almost too much. Almost! Who cares, right?

Why should I care about what people think of it? Do those people sign the checks that pay my bills? Plus, I didn't even really start making money until I became an adult. Just when I get to the age where I'm old enough to buy all of the things I wish I had unlimited money to buy, I have to turn my back on them? Guess again!

What I'm basically trying to say here is be yourself. That's all I've ever wanted from you. And you know what? That's all I'll ever want from you...

...says the guy justifying his immature behavior with a blog post on the internet.

5 comments: