Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Let My Comics Go

I've always thought of myself as someone who wants to be a completest. I love collecting and nothing feels better than having a complete set, whether it be comics, action figures, movies, etc.

This becomes a problem when I feel the need to be a completest. I think this applies mostly to comics. I just don't have the money to collect everything. What I'm learning is you can not buy stuff. It's allowed! It's hard to drop a comic book title because I'll feel like my collection is incomplete. Also, if I start reading a comic book series, I always want to get all of the back issues for that series. I can't do that every time because it gets expensive. But that's fine!

Another issue is that there are so many different comic book titles dealing with the same groups of characters nowadays. I can't just read Green Lantern because I have to see what's going on in Green Lantern Corps and what those red bastards are doing in Red Lanterns and all of the crazy action in Green Lantern: New Guardians ahhh! It's very hard to collect one and say no to the other(s). I recently cancelled Red Lanterns. It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of anything that has to do with Lanterns of all colors. I don't think that I'm less of a Lantern fan because I cancelled Red Lanterns. It's OK!

Thankfully, I'm a bit less neurotic when it comes to action figures. I collect anything that looks cool and makes for a great display. I don't care if I have every Hal Jordan figure or every single figure in each action figure series. I would love to have all of the action figures in the world and charge everyone on earth to come and see how awesome my house is. But I'm adult with a 9-5 job. I need to pick and choose. And you know what? I've come to accept that there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I want to thank you all for listening. I think we all learned a lot about ourselves today and it's been a pleasure working through my neuroses with you. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment