Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Procrastinator of Time

I'm going to be upfront with you. Last week, I voluntarily took off from blogging. I recently purchased a Nintendo 3DS and I got sucked in. The only thing I wanted to do was play The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D all week. Don't worry, I beat it.

It's Mii!
Although my video game obsession is in full force, that's not how it was before I bought the Nintendo 3DS. I've been a gamer my entire life, but I think with all hobbies, you experience ebbs and flows. Some days I really want to read comics. Some days I really want to play video games. Some days I want to do nothing but have a Jean-Claude Van Damme movie marathon (or as I like to call it, a "Van Dammathon"). Lately, I haven't really been motivated to play many video games. I've had the same video game systems for so long that although I enjoy the games I have, the fire for playing has just dimmed out.
Van Damme playing video games

Whoa! What's that I hear? News of an upcoming Legend of Zelda video game that is the sequel to one of my favorite video games of all time, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past? And it's for Nintendo 3DS? But I don't have a Nintendo 3DS! Well, I do now.

I'm sure you're asking yourself if I really purchased a video game system for one (upcoming) video game, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Two Worlds. The answer to that question is yes, I did. I have already purchased some Nintendo3DS games and I do plan on getting non-Zelda titles. But the fact of the matter is I love The Legend of Zelda video game series. It is my favorite video game series on the planet. I need The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Two Worlds. I put off buying a Nintendo 3DS for long enough. It was time.

All in all, last week ended up being a productive week. The Nintendo 3DS rekindled my love of video games. Don't worry, I'm not turning The Fat Lantern into a video game blog. But don't be surprised if that stuff pops up more often...

1 comment:

  1. Yep, that screencap of Van Damme playing Karate Champ in Bloodsport wins the internet for today!

    ReplyDelete