Tuesday, October 1, 2013

It's Been a While

It's confession time. Here goes. I haven't picked up comics in a few weeks. I know! Don't judge me. This is a judgement-free zone you bastards.

I'm not proud of it. I know a lot of people were excited about DC Comics Villains month, but it meant potentially spending a lot more money for comics last month since there were so many extra issues, so I was a bit discouraged. I didn't buy most of the villains issues. Since my comic book subscription is mostly DC, this meant me only having a comic or two per week to buy. Now I have to go to the comic shop and pick up all of the comics I've missed over the past few weeks.

But is that such a bad thing? I love keeping up with my comics every week. However, sometimes it's nice to hold off on your comic subscription and have a stack of comics waiting for you at the comic shop. You can go home, pop a squat, crack open a 6-pack of Yoo-hoo, and just read for hours.

The question is, how long is too long to put off picking up comics? I think a month is reasonable. That gives you a nice time-frame where you aren't too far behind on story. At a certain point, if you wait too long, is it safe to say that you aren't even a comic subscriber anymore? For example, if someone hasn't picked up comics in the past year, I'd say they probably aren't too interested. I said it was a judgement-free zone and here I am judging this non-existent person who hasn't picked up their comics in a year. Maybe I'm the bastard?

What is the longest you've ever waited to pick up your comic book subscription?

1 comment:

  1. Haven't been in my local shop for over three weeks now, which is far too long for me.

    ReplyDelete