Thursday, November 28, 2013

What Comic Are You Thankful For? (2013)

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Or as I see it, Slobsgiving. I'll tell you straight out, I have already been marathon eating and I just got to Thanksgiving Day. So wish me luck on my eating journey for the rest of the day.

I know it's cliche to talk about things that you're thankful for on Thanksgiving, but who cares when you're talking about comics, right? I want to know what comic book you're most thankful for in 2013.

I want to let it be known that I am extremely thankful for Green Lantern #20, the finale of Geoff Johns' epic, 10-year Green Lantern run. He took the Green Lantern universe and gave it a fresh rebirth. Green Lantern #20 was a giant-sized issue that wrapped everything up and left me sad that Geoff Johns was leaving but extremely satisfied that his run had such an appropriate conclusion.

Not only was it a great comic, but I believe that it set things up for Green Lantern to continue on a really exciting path. I'm really enjoying the current series since Green Lantern #20, written by Robert Venditti.

What comic are you thankful for this year?

4 comments:

  1. I'm incredibly thankful for Kelly Sue DeConnick's Captain Marvel series, that I started reading this year. It's practically shaped my reading experiences of the year and I enjoy it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I haven't been reading. I don't know much about Captain Marvel but I've heard good things. From what I've seen it looks pretty cool. I have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved GL #20 but I'm thankful for the new creator runs on GL, GLC, GL:NG and RLs. They could have really screwed up my favourite franchise but, thankfully, they didn't. In some respects the new team contrived to make the Green Lantern universe even better. I'm particularly thankful that I didn't have to cut Red Lanterns... it was this close to the chop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All comic to be honest so much choice, Monkey Squad One rekindled my love for comics so mega props to that! Afterlife with Archie Francavilla is absolutely killing it on that book! He makes me care about the art of a book, love his work!

    ReplyDelete