Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014 New Year's Resolutions

I'm not big on New Year's resolutions. I like to start the year fresh, but I never make a list of things I want to do. Well I'm trying something new this year. I would like to have something written out that I can refer back to later in the year. I'm going to spell out a list of things that I would like to accomplish in the upcoming year. Here are my New Year's resolutions for 2014!
  • Take control of my slob urges and get fit -This is probably the most popular New Year's resolution. I'm fully admitting right now that for the past month, I have sort of given up. I've been eating healthy where I can and exercising, but I definitely have adopted a "Whatever, it's the holidays" approach to eating. That ends in 2014. I'm going to continue enjoying delicious garbage food (Because I am The Fat Lantern), but in moderation. I would like to drop the weight I gained over the holidays plus more. A few months ago, I started DDP Yoga and I've been feeling great. It's an amazing workout and I actually enjoy it more than anything I do in the gym. I'm also planning on stepping up my cardio routine and running a 5K in the Spring. So look out for The Fit Fat Lantern in 2014.
  • Stop falling behind on comics so often - I don't know if it's the winter, the holidays, or just laziness, but I've been in a rut in terms of picking up my comics. I still read all of the good stuff I used to, but I go for weeks without picking up a lot more lately than I used to. I want to put a stop to that and continue to get my comics every week because I think I prefer reading gradually as opposed to having stacks to read every 3 or 4 weeks.
  • Watch Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania - These are two WWE pay-per-view events that I grew up watching and never missed until the past few years (I watched Wrestlemania XXVIII in 2012 but I was totally lost). One of the huge changes for me in 2013 was getting cable TV back and being able to watch wrestling weekly again for the first time in 3 years. Back in 2010, I went through a huge transition phase in my life and cable TV was one of those things that I just had to let go of for a while. I never stopped being a fan of wrestling, I just had to take off from a lot of the current storylines for that time. But now I'm completely back in the loop, mostly caught up on the past 3 years, and I think even more into it than before I stopped watching (which I never thought was possible). The Royal Rumble match is my favorite match in all of professional wrestling and Wrestlemania is the biggest event of the year so I'm definitely going to watch both. Furthermore, I'm hoping to watch Wrestlemania with my brother derryX and have one of our classic Wrestlemania parties.
  • Go to a live WWE event - This is also something I did at least once, sometimes twice per year throughout my life then stopped when I had to cancel cable TV. Last night, WWE announced a show coming up in March at Madison Square Garden. You better believe I'm going to try to get my hands on some tickets.
  • Watch more Battlestar Galactica - My wife was nice enough to get me the complete series box of Battlestar Galactica from the 70's for my birthday in June and I was dickish enough to watch the first episode and not watch the rest since. I actually really enjoyed what I watched! That's the worst part. I just let it slip through the cracks and here I am 6 months later, a fool with a mostly unwatched Battlestar Galactica box on his shelf. I'm actually excited to catch some more of that at some point this week.
  • Work harder at writing and getting posts on The Fat Lantern blog - In a few days, it will be 2 years since I started The Fat Lantern blog. I am officially declaring myself the self-proclaimed Intercontinental Heavyweight Blogging Champion and I plan on defending my title in 2014. I will do my best to get some serious (and not so serious) writing done to keep bringing the fattest stuff to the blogging universe.
  • Get more FAT Illustrations - This is something that I was doing weekly for quite a while and people seemed to enjoy it, but for the past few months, I haven't been getting submissions. I need to work on rallying more people to participate. But don't worry, you will see one sooner than you think...
  • Reach 300 Likes on Facebook - This one is simple, but extremely difficult. This year, I started the official Fat Lantern Facebook fanpage. I have been using it to interact with all of you as much as possible outside of these blog posts. It's great to post funny pictures, opinions, random thoughts, digital comic book giveaways, lists of hilarious puns, and more. I really like that aspect of The Fat Lantern and I would really like to have more people involved.
  • Get more people to read this blog! - Ultimately, I do this because I like writing about the things I love. However, it is a lot more enjoyable (and easier) when people are reading and engaging. So please tell your friends and help The Fat Lantern grow and get FATTER. I'm going to work at getting more Facebook Likes, more Twitter followers, and most importantly, more Fat Lantern blog readers which is what this is all about!
What are your New Year's resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment