Monday, December 23, 2013

Holiday Indulgence

Have you ever loved something so much that it became a problem? Well, every Christmas, I encounter this. If I could, I would guzzle this stuff by the barrel. Unfortunately, I can not. This magical elixir that has also been the bane of my existence is egg nog.


It has taken me 30 years and I can finally sit down with a nice Christmas cookie (Who am I kidding? A plate of Christmas cookies.) and enjoy a mug of nog. I've loved it my entire life. It's actually part of my Christmas tradition to always make sure I get my hands on some during the holiday season. I'm drinking it right now as I type! Hold please...

...mmmm, yummy. That's good stuff.

The problem arose when I was a kid. I didn't have a limit to how much I would drink. You may be thinking "Well of course. You were a kid. You didn't know any better." Oh I knew better. I absolutely knew going into it that there would be consequences. I just didn't care because I enjoyed it that much. I wanted the nog and I wanted a lot of it. What were those consequences, you may be wondering? Oh I think you know. But just in case you don't, allow me to demonstrate:


But you know what? I'm a bit older, a bit smarter, not much more mature, but I think I have it under control. Even if I didn't, it's the holiday season. Indulging and going a little overboard is what it's all about. Well, actually presents is what it's all about. Indulging is just fun and delicious (and sometimes disgusting). So I hope you enjoy a nice glass of egg nog this holiday season but don't drink until you puke. Just drink until you feel like you're going to puke.

No comments:

Post a Comment