Monday, December 16, 2013

Toy Drives: Please Give This Holiday Season

I want to preface this post by saying that it's very difficult to talk about certain things without getting on a high horse. So if this comes across as that, then I apologize, but I also don't care because it's for a good cause.

There are a lot of things going on in the world. I realize that people need help. But at this moment, I want to talk about one thing: toys for kids.

Christmas has and always will be about presents for me. Sure it's about love and Jesus and decorations and lights and blah blah blah. For me, it's presents. It's not just about receiving them, but it's also about giving. There's something special about it either way.

I was fortunate enough to grow up in an environment that allowed me to enjoy a full Christmas every year. Every Christmas since I was born has been a present-fest. The one thing that has not changed in 30 years is me getting action figures for Christmas. I'm almost 30 and it still gives me that warm fuzzy feeling.

Christmas 2012
Unfortunately, there are a lot of people that are not as spoiled as I am. Every year, there are kids that don't get to have the experience of unwrapping Christmas presents. That's where toy drives come in.

It's something that you probably hear a lot. Basically, toys are collected and distributed to children in need. All you have to do to participate is take a toy and put it in a box. Where are these boxes? They are all over the place. You just have to find them, and they're not very hard to find. As a matter of fact, my job notified me of multiple drop-off locations for a local toy drive. It won't even cost a lot of money. If you have 5 dollars to spare, buy a toy and donate it! If you really can't find a location near you, then donate as little or as much as you want to Toys for Tots. They will ensure that your money will be used to provide toys for children in need.

This year, I donated money to Toys for Tots and some sweet action figures to my local Manhattan toy drive. I gave a WWE CM Punk action figure, a Marvel Wolverine Logan action figure, and a Star Wars (The Black Series) Darth Vader action figure.


I spend all year buying action figures for myself, talking about them, playing with them, taking pictures of them, using them for Caption Figures, and flaunting them all over the internet. This is my chance to give a little and let less fortunate kids enjoy some cool action figures as much as I do and hopefully more.

I can not describe the happiness that I get from dropping toys into a toy drive bin and knowing that kids who would not have gotten a present this Christmas will now get one because of me. I encourage you and urge you to please, go buy some action figures and drop them off in a toy drive bin. Make some kid's Christmas. My Christmas wish is that at least one person reads this and ends up donating a toy to a child because of it. The more, the merrier.

4 comments:

  1. Great post! You'll be happy to know that I donated a Dr. Fate action figure to Toys for Tots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks a lot! And that's really awesome I'm glad to hear it. I think everyone should do it, it's a lot easier than a lot of people probably think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a great person with a good heart and unfortunately my family is one of those in need but I was rejected because I missed sign up for it due to my medical issues. I am always the one that gives but it is alot different on the other end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Yeah I figured I'd spread the word on my experience giving for the holidays and hopefully that will inspire someone else or influence others to give. Getting something as simple as a toy for Christmas can be a big deal.

      Delete