Sunday, December 8, 2013

WWE Slammy Awards 2013 Picks

Tomorrow is the WWE Slammy Awards! I've taken all of the nominees into consideration and I'm ready to vote. Here are my Sammy Award picks!

Superstar of the Year
My pick: Daniel Bryan

What can I say? It's his time. He has really stepped up this past year and shown the entire WWE universe what it means to be great. Not only that, but he is more over with the fans than any other wrestler. Fans chant "YES!" during matches that have nothing to do with Daniel Bryan. He deserves this award.

Diva of the Year
My pick: AJ Lee

AJ Lee has something that not many WWE superstars have control of, and that's psychology. She's a female wrestler that doesn't just use her looks to get by. She's a great wrestler and has become a model Divas Champion. She's the total Diva package.

Double-Cross of the Year
My pick: Paul Heyman betrays CM Punk at WWE Money in the Bank.

The feud that followed this was actually pretty emotional and I think the betrayal itself was really crazy. Heyman was just plain scary.

Match of the Year 
My pick: Undertaker vs. CM Punk

I hate to be that fan that goes "In my day...!", but back when Undertaker started, the idea of a guy that looked like CM Punk going up against Undertaker was laughable. However, they made it work. CM Punk was ruthless. Undertaker was unstoppable. The match ended with one of the best Tombstones I've ever seen. It was amazing.

Insult of the Year
My pick: Zeb Colter's insults

They crack me up every time.

"LOL!" Moment of the Year
My pick: Vickie Guerrero is fired as Raw GM

I promised Vickie Guerrero on Twitter that I'd vote for her if she followed me and she did. So she's getting my vote by default. A deal's a deal.

Extreme Moment of the Year
My pick: Punk exacts vengeance on Paul Heyman at Hell in a Cell

I'd say in comparison to the other nominees, this one is the most brutal.

Fan Participation Award
My pick: Yes! Yes! Yes!

YES! YES! YES!

Web Exclusive Awards:

"This is Awesome" Moment of the Year
My pick: Daniel Bryan wins WWE Championship against Randy Orton at Night of Champions

Trending Now (Hashtag of the Year)
My pick: #BelieveInTheShield

Breakout Star of the Year
My pick: Big E Langston

Beard of the Year
My pick: Daniel Bryan

“What a Maneuver!” Award
My pick: Cesaro Swing (Antonio Cesaro)

Faction of the Year
My pick: The Shield

“You Still Got It!” (Best Superstar Return)
My pick: Goldust

Couple of the Year
My pick: Naomi & Jimmy Uso

Tag Team of the Year
My pick: Cody Rhodes & Goldust

Feat of Strength of the Year
My pick: Antonio Cesaro swings The Great Khali

“Say What?!” Quote of the Year
My pick: “Rise above THIS!” – Damien Sandow

Best Dance Moves
My pick: Summer Rae

Favorite Web Show
My pick: "The JBL & Cole Show"

Best Crowd of the Year
My pick: Raw in England (London, Apr. 22) 

Catchphrase of the Year
My pick: “YES! YES! YES!”

No comments:

Post a Comment