Friday, January 31, 2014

Meeting WWE Diva Natalya

Last night, I had the pleasure of meeting WWE Diva Natalya a.k.a. Nattie Neidhart!

Yesterday, I was doing my morning Twitter browsing as usual, and I came upon a tweet that stated that Natalya was going to be signing new issues of FLEX Magazine (where she is featured) at a Barnes & Noble in Manhattan, not too far from my job, at 7PM. I was ecstatic. My love of wrestling is apparent. But she comes from a family of the greatest wrestlers in the business whom I grew up watching and admiring. And most importantly, I am such a huge Natalya fan! I think that her and AJ Lee are the best female wrestlers in the business today. Also, I recently got hooked on Total Divas, a show on E! starring Nattie and a bunch of other WWE Divas. So as you can imagine, I wasn't going to miss this.

I got to Barnes & Noble an hour and a half early and I was the 7th person in line. About a half hour before Nattie arrived, the Total Divas film crew arrived and passed out release forms since they were filming the signing for the show. I didn't even think twice. A chance to meet Natalya AND be on Total Divas? SIGN ME UP (Literally).

Natalya arrived and she looked amazing and had a huge smile on her face, as usual. She was not a minute late and as a matter of fact I think she was a few minutes early. She's a class act.



The Barnes & Noble employees informed us that she was just going to sign magazines and not take pictures, but I had a feeling Nattie was going to be open to snapping a picture with her fans. I was right. She was so nice and warm to everyone and did not hesitate to take as many pictures as people wanted. The first thing I thought of was "I need to get a selfie with Nattie". Folks, I did just that.


She signed my FLEX Magazine. I took the opportunity to sympathize with her about her cat Gizmo that recently passed away. It was discussed on Total Divas. I told her that me and my wife's previous cat passed away so suddenly a couple of years back as well. Seeing what she went through really hit close to home and I wanted to let her know that I knew what she was going through.

I love meeting people who I'm a huge fan of but what really puts it over the top is when they're humble and nicer than you expect. Natalya was just awesome and I've become an even bigger fan of hers.

Next step: Check out Total Divas season 2 to see if I made the cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment