Saturday, January 25, 2014

WWE Royal Rumble 2014 Predictions

Tomorrow, we will see 30 men enter the squared circle and only 1 prevail. The winner gets a shot at the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania. Tomorrow, is one of my favorite events of the year and my favorite match of all time, the Royal Rumble. Here are my Royal Rumble predictions.

WWE Tag Team Champions Goldust & Cody Rhodes vs. The New Age Outlaws

I'm actually a bit confused on where they're going with The New Age Outlaws. I love that they're back and they're in great shape. However, I think the Tag Team Champions should be deeper in the card than this. This doesn't look like it's going to be a Championship match, and The New Age Outlaws are looking to make an impact again, so I think The New Age Outlaws are going to take this one.

Winners: The New Age Outlaws

Big Show vs. Brock Lesnar

Unfortunately, I don't care about this match at all. But it's plain and simple. The Big Show at this current point in time sucks. Brock Lesnar only shows up when he wants. I doubt the deal is for him to come in for 2 months out of the year and job to a mid-card guy. So...

Winner: Brock Lesnar

WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee vs. ???

They haven't announced anything for AJ Lee yet. However, I feel like they're going to have her wrestle since it's one of the biggest PPV's of the year and she is the Divas Champion. My guess is that it's either going to be AJ Lee vs Naomi for the Divas Championship or AJ Lee and Tamina vs. The Funkadactyls. Either way, AJ Lee is going to come out on top.

Winner: AJ Lee or Winners: AJ Lee and Tamina Snuka

Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt

I'm actually really looking forward to this match. Daniel Bryan's epic return as a babyface on RAW, in my eyes, put him on a whole new level. Plus, Bray Wyatt has been working pretty hard to become a great heel. There's been a lot of build-up to this match and both guys are top talents. I'm sure the Wyatts will get involved at some point but Daniel Bryan is going to overcome once again.

Winner: Daniel Bryan

WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton vs. John Cena (WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match)

This is a feud that I'm pretty sure everyone is sick of. For me, it's not about the match, it's about the winner. Who do I see going into Wrestlemania as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion?

Winner: Randy Orton

The 30-Superstar Royal Rumble Match

I think a lot is going to happen during this match. I'm going to list all of the things that I think (and hope, for the most part) will happen:
  • Jake "The Snake" Roberts returns.
  • Scott Hall as Razor Ramon returns.
  • Sheamus returns.
  • One member of The Shield ends up screwing over another member, leading to some high tension in The Shield. 
  • CM Punk lasts over an hour.
  • Final Four: CM Punk, Batista, Roman Reigns, and Daniel Bryan.
  • Daniel Bryan enters and wins.
Winner: Daniel Bryan (YES!)

But, we all know that this last bullet point is a real longshot. As much as I want it to happen, I truly don't believe it's going to. So, unfortunately, what I really predict is...

Winner: Batista

No comments:

Post a Comment